Thank you for considering donating to Lighthouse!
Madison – one of the best places to live in the United States. You've raised your family here, built your business here, it's where you worship, volunteer, and give back. But it's not the best place to live for all of us. Children who are poor, especially kids of color, often fail to achieve the same success at school as children from more well off families. Children who fail in school too often end up trapped with limited choices and are at risk to all sorts of negative influences.
WHEN OUR KIDS FAIL, SO DOES OUR COMMUNITY. Consider the unrealized potential and lost opportunity. But there's hope for our future, and it's called Lighthouse Christian School. Our school provides exceptional quality education accessible to all students. With tenacity and humility, we are tackling racial disparities and the student achievement gap one child at a time. Despite a long waiting list of deserving children, our current building will not accommodate any more students. WITH YOUR HELP, WE CAN CHANGE FUTURES!
WHY LIGHTHOUSE CHRISTIAN SCHOOL?
Lighthouse Christian School nurtures the mind, body and spirit of all children in a multicultural, bilingual pre-school and elementary program. Since each child is unique and valuable we offer small class sizes as well as mixed age activities to promote community. We welcome students of all backgrounds. We are uniquely positioned to impact our children, our community, and our future.
LIGHTHOUSE CHRISTIAN SCHOOL AT-A-GLANCE:
- Comprehensive standards-based curriculum approved by DPI; WRISA & NAEYC ACCREDITED
- Full SPANISH immersion and MANDARIN instruction
- The only Madison school that PARTICIPATES in the WISCONSIN PARENTAL CHOICE (voucher) program.
- Current Enrollment: 160 students from infants - Grade 6. The following numbers represent 4k - 6th Grade: 47% HISPANIC, 28% African American, 15% White, 10% Asian.
- 66 Low-Income Students
- 57 PARTICIPATE in the VOUCHER PROGRAM
- 8 PARTICIPATE in the SPECIAL NEEDS SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
- 96% of STUDENTS REACH APPROPRIATE GRADE LEVEL in one to one and one-half years (WCKE 2013-2014, Badger Exam 2014-2015, Forward Exam 2015-2016.
- STUDENTS OUTPERFORM STATE PUBLIC & PRIVATE SCHOOL TEST SCORES for low-income students (School Report Card 2015-2016, DPI).
JOIN US IN CHANGING LIVES. Your support is needed now for the down payment and startup costs. Your gift towards our goal of $25, 000 will help Lighthouse Scholars be able to participate in sports and improvements to the school.
"All children deserve an opportunity to attend a school that can serve their needs and best interests." - Kaleem Ciare, Community Leader